Always test any new cleaner on an inconspicuous area of any surface.
1. Shine metal with equal parts salt, flour, and vinegar.
2. Clean cast iron cookware when hot with a paste of oil and salt.
3. Clean carpet spots with equal parts salt, vinegar, and borax.
4. Apply salt to freshly spilled liquids on carpet. Vacuum up after it dries.
5. Add salt immediately to burnt food in pots for easy removal.
6. Sprinkle a little salt in stinky shoes to help eliminate odours.
7. Mix 1 part salt to 4 parts rubbing alcohol to treat grease stains on carpet.
8. Make a paste of cooking oil and salt to clean water rings from your wood furniture.
9. Rub salt on tea or coffee stained cups to remove marks.
10. Fill your coffee pot with water and add 4 tablespoons of salt. Boil to clean.
11. Brighten your wood cutting boards by rubbing with a damp cloth and salt.
12. Restore your sponges by soaking in cold salt water.
13. Sprinkle salt on paper then run over it with your hot iron to remove any sticky spots.
14. Remove deposits from vases by rubbing with salt.
15. Mix 2 tablespoons salt with 1 teaspoon vinegar and use to shine your chrome faucets.
16. Remove rust from metal with a salt, cream of tartar, and water paste. Apply paste then sit in sun to dry.
17. Mix 1 part salt to 4 parts vinegar to remove soap scum.
18. Sprinkle salt in doorways and window sills to deter ants.
19. A damp cloth that has been soaked in salt water makes an excellent dust rag.
20. Add one tablespoon of salt to a gallon of water to mop your floors.
21. Add one cup of salt to the washer when you are cleaning your new blue jeans or towels. The salt will set the dye and keep them from fading.
22. Place artificial flowers in a bag with 1/4 cup salt and shake to remove dust.
23. Toss salt on oven or stove spills while they are still liquid. Wipe up when cool.
24. Pour 1/2 cup of salt directly into your garbage disposal to clean and freshen.
25. Remove odours from your hands by rubbing with a lemon wedge dipped in salt.